Join our Instructor Team
We are hiring additional Driver Ed Instructors! Contact us for more information!
Student Driver Education Program
In order to successfully complete this course, the state of South Dakota requires that every driver education student has:
hours of classroom instruction
hours of driving instruction
or higher grade in each area
Failure to meet this minimum standard will disallow the student from receiving the Driver Education Certificate of Completion, which will result in the student having to take the written and/or driving test at a South Dakota driver license exam station.
- The course cost is $360, payable upon registration.
- The dates shown for each class is the 30-hours of classroom time. The 6-hours drive time is scheduled outside of the classroom, implementing the buddy system (2 students in the vehicle). Accommodating the instructor/student schedules means this portion could take several months to complete.
- Once driving schedules are established, students are required to attend their sessions, with NO exception to this policy, except an emergency.
- It is strongly recommended and preferred the student have their Instructional Permit prior to the driving portion, allowing them to legally practice driving, increase comfort level behind the wheel and promote proper paperwork for future licensing.
- Benefits of the course include: waiver of 180-days of 275-day Instruction Permit holding period, no testing at the DMV upon successful completion, guided practice with State certified instructors, and insurance discounts at most major companies.